Please call for pricing - 800-761-6580
Amazon.com, the world's largest online retailer, has forever changed the face of retailing. Once exclusively a book seller, Amazon now offers an inventory that ranges from apparel to wireless phones and everything in between. They have mainstreamed a once niche consumer electronic category — eReaders — with their incredibly successful line of Kindle products. In the process, Amazon has become one of the top sellers of digital media – eBooks, mobile apps, music MP3s and movies – in the world.
This eDataSource report focuses on the nuts and bolts of the online consumer sales of this multinational giant. Focusing on the most recent trailing three months, we've estimated performance metrics about Amazon's recent sales activity, and have sought to answer:
- How do overall sales vary from month-to-month?
- What is the average order value overall, and by sales category?
- What is the % sales breakdown and average unit retail (AUR) by category?
- Which Kindle models are the most popular?
- What % of purchases are sold directly by Amazon compared to third-party sales?
- How does the purchasing behavior between Prime members and regular customers differ?
- What shipping methods are utilized and is there a difference of order size between methods?
- Do Prime members always use free two-day shipping?
FREE DOWNLOAD (April - June 2012 sample report excerpt, PDF/304KB) includes table of contents, report summary, methodology and Amazon Retail Site Market Growth Data.
Fields with an asterisk (*) are required.